Wednesday, July 20, 2011

NO LIMITS.

Since I just spent a week up at an FFA camp, I thought I would change things up a little for this blog and give an FFA shout out/ challenge!
See that guy in that picture? The one on the left... kind of smiling... kind of confused...kind of awkward.

YEP... ME.
This is for sure, my first documented photograph wearing Official FFA Dress and to be completely honest, I never imagined my life being changed so much by a single organization. I'm pretty sure that this awkward sophomore would have never gained the confidence, passion or drive to live my life for others and serve the agricultural industry.
Quite often, I hear the words, "I don't know what I'm going to do when I'm done with FFA!"
I've got a simple response:
Live your life.

When that day comes to finally unzip, take off  and hang up your FFA jacket for the last time (and trust me its kind of weird...) I sure hope that you don't hang up your future as well!
 Everything you have learned, given, worked for and become would be IN VAIN, if you limited it to just being an FFA member. It is not just FFA... I'm talking everything you are involved with. Your special, individual life is so valuable and SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE is just waiting for you to be yourself, and be a part of their life. It may be a co-worker, college roommate, family member, future spouse or someone in another country...or in your classroom.
Bottom line- your life is made for more, and you have the power to change someones life by being you... and all they need is you.
Never limit the passions, things that make your heart race and the person you are to a JACKET. Never limit your life to 4 years in a jacket. 

What did you learn this week?
"To be a leader...That I can make a difference..."
So what? Don't keep it in the FFA, don't leave it in high school, and don't keep it to yourself... live it. Not just for the next year or until you reach that one goal you've always wanted- make it your life.
Tell me: What is stopping you?
Different jacket, but I'm the same person with...
NO LIMITS.  

** On that note: There are some limits you should obey like the...
  • Speed limit
  • Weight limit on an elevator
  • Fishing limit
  • Amount of 5-Hour Energy's you drink in 1 hour
  • Number of helium balloons you inhale... seriously you will GO BLIND!

2 comments:

  1. Life isn't over after FFA, and FFA members who don't become SO's are not failures. The Organization doesn't stress that enough, and I'm glad you realize it Kirby. Thanks ;)

    ReplyDelete